This type of error happens when you try to import a transport to an SAP Environment. You will most likely see a Return Code “8”, the statement “Only generates programs with LOAD versions”, and the following generic logs below.
###################################### Generation of programs and screens Transport request : XXXXXXXXXX System : XXQ tp path : tp Version and release: 123.12.12 111 Generation of programs and screens for transport request XXXXXXXXXX Only generates programs with LOAD versions Start on DD.MM.YY at HH:MM:SS
This post will help you trace the error and provide guidance on the solution.
SOLUTION for Only generates programs with LOAD versions
This type of error happens during a transport import step and the usual root cause lies on the ABAP code. In this post, we will first try to simulate an example and go through the steps you can do to find the issue.
1. Go to Transaction Code STMS and click on the Truck Button (Import Overview)
2. Select or double click on the concerned import queue. For this example, I selected the dark blue masked row.
3. Locate the concerned SAP Transport Number. Feel free to filter out the selection as needed.
4. Select the concerned transport request row and click on the Truck Button (Import Request Button).
There is another truck button but be cautious in the selection. One will import all requests while the other one will import only the selected request.
5. Import the transport immediately by selecting that option and then click on the Check Button.
Some of you may have the Invalid Component Version status icon. If so, you can go to the Options Tab and select “Ignore Invalid Component Version”.
Now we can see that the transport we tried to import is in Red status with return code 8.
6. Double click on the affected RC status or highlight the row and click on the Logs Button.
7. You will now see the concerned logs. Focus on the entries with the lines highlighted in red and double click on it.
In our example, we are focusing on the “Generation of Programs and Screens” line.
You should now be in the Log Display screen. We can see the generic log text saying “Only generated programs with LOAD versions” but this information is too generic for us to analyze.
8. As such, you need to click on the Expand Button to see more line items.
Now we see there are more details for us to analyze the issue. In most cases, this error involves the ABAP code. By analyzing the details below we can determine that the error is notifying us on a syntax error in the program.
9. To validate the error found, go to TCode SE38, Enter the concerned Program, and Click on the Check Button.
You should now see the errors associated with the program. In this example, we can see there is a syntax issue.
10. To get more details on the ABAP program check results, Double click on the reported line error.
You should be directed to the line of code containing the syntax error.
11. The next step is to discuss the issue with the assigned / owning ABAP developer to assist with the error. The code should be modified and corrected. Once corrected and transport is ready, you can re-perform the transport import.
For additional information, you can refer to this SAP Note: Error in the “Generation of Programs and Screens” import step.
I hope this helps. Good luck! 😊